The Fendrick Library proudly serves our local community through sponsored programs. Our aim is to serve all age groups, and we especially encourage our children and youth to engage in our various library programs.
- A weekly Story Hour meets on Wednesday mornings throughout the school year. It is an hour filled with stories, crafts, activities, and a snack for pre-schoolers (siblings welcome). Mothers, fathers and caregivers are encouraged to attend with their children.
- A Summer Reading Program is offered at the close of every school year. This program features an exciting theme each year, with related activities, crafts and books for children to explore.
- Join a monthly Book Discussion Group, check the link below or library calendar for more details.
- Guest Lecturers and Book Signings by local authors are scheduled as often as possible.
- A “Used Book Sale” is held during Mercersburg’s Spring Fest in May and Mercersburg’s Town Fest in September.
- A variety art and leisure activities are scheduled throughout the year for adults and children, please check the the links below or the library calendar.
- The Fendrick Book Group schedule for 2020-2021 is available HERE.
- Historic Mercersburg Walking Tours, starting at the library. By appointment only, call Joan McCulloh 717-328-2248. View the library calendar for walking tour dates and times in July.
- Tails and Tales, The Fendrick Library Summer Reading Program June 7th- August 6th, 2021.
Click HERE for a list of Summer Fun Outdoor Program Events and view the library calendar for more event details, locations, dates and times. Please RSVP for events by calling the library 717-328-9233.
Please call The Fendrick Library at 717-328-9233 or sign up at FCLSPA.org if you would like to register for the Summer Reading Challenge, children that read or are read to for thirty minutes a day can log their reading times for a chance to win prizes! Teens and Adults enter prize drawings each time they read a book or attend a special event. Pick up your reading log at the library!
- Get Outdoors GO Franklin County and Go Chase Your Tale! 2021 Tail Trail Guide, click HERE